Wanted to compile a list of a few generic questions that can be useful to ask during a networking call. Importantly, think a lot about your goal and try not to waste another person’s time. Be creative! And do your research ahead of time 🙂 These questions are only good and relevant when used in proper context.
I’ll skip over the basic questions…”how do you spend your time, what are you working on, etc.”
- What is the biggest mountain you have to climb / problem you have to solve in the next 3 months?
- If you could go back what would you have done differently?
- Do you prefer being a manager or an operator?
- What do you think will change in the next 5 years?
- How much do you focus on the short term versus the long term?
- Favorite books?
- How was your experience working at x? What did you do? What was the worst part about working there?
- What have you changed your mind on recently?
Also published on Medium.