One of the biggest reasons I write is to practice thinking and begin to build some layer of conviction surfacing both my principles and decisions. A few months ago, I jotted down a few of the philosophies, really broad ones, that I strongly believe in. I wanted to take a few moments to rehash these thoughts and better define what they mean to me, today, near the end of 2018.
Here are the main ideas I wrote:
- Togetherness: The idea that we can become stronger than I.
- Incentives: Guiding rules for how and why the world works.
- Kind>Nice: Seek long term relationships that value doing the right thing over how to win friends and influence people.
- Momentum and Compounding Returns: Unlock compounding returns by chasing vertical momentum. Make tomorrow 2x today.
- Harmony = ∞: Ego and empathy are humanity’s superpowers
- Meritocracies: The truth should always win and those who seek the truth should be rewarded.
- Underdogs: Challenge the status quo and fight for what is right.
Looking back, I think these few principles are things I really do believe in. I do not see them as controversial, though they are somewhat nuanced in my opinion.
Also published on Medium.