As promised, it’s been a crazy summer (since May 11th). Thus, it’s time for another update. Why? It’s not for approval or permission. It’s not for “congratulations.” It’s because I enjoy connecting with people, and hopefully I’ll get some more interesting conversations going 🙂
I’m writing this post-wisdom teeth removal as I’m about to board a plane headed back to school, so I’ll keep it to bullet points for my sake, and yours.
Jordan Update v1.1 (as of Aug.18th, 2016):
- Spent a grand total of 9 nights at home. Reinforced the importance of family.
- Traveled (in this order): St.Louis, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Israel (Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, the works), Santorini, Mykonos, back to Israel, Phoenix (for 12 hours), San Francisco, back to Phoenix. Woah, how/why did I do that. I guess I like to stay busy.
- Learned a ton doing awesome things with RealtyShares, Inside.com, Cultivation Capital, and a few others.
- Ate a lot of great food. Notable ones: Hummus in tel aviv, Gyros in Greece, Korean food in SF.
- Lived alone for the first time in a big city.
- Wrote a public blog post every single day (missed zero).
- Published on Business Insider, Forbes, Entrepreneur, among others.
- Met with hundreds of new people doing incredible things.
In summary: I learned a lot about other people, but more importantly I learned about myself.
I’ve found my over-arching theme for my goals: I’m most interested in doing things that a)help a lot of people b)are a lot of fun or c)make a lot of money.
The simple reason for my “criteria”: I love having time to do whatever I want…and right now that is: spending time with family, traveling, having unique experiences, and building cool things. I know that what I want will change as time goes on, but so long as I have my priorities aligned — I will be able to adapt.
What can you learn from me?
Idk. A big thing I’ve learned is that a lot of it is up to you. Most advice, while “good,” can be distracting. I’ve learned to do things I’m passionate about, and then nothing else matters.
A few quotes that have stuck with me
“In a world that’s changing so quickly, the biggest risk you can take is not taking any risk.” — Zuckerberg quoting Thiel.
“If you want to do more do more” — Hiten Shah
“Accelerate the Inevitable”
When you look back 6 months from today and don’t feel embarrassed by your naiveté, there’s a problem.” — @nbashaw
You should really reach out to me if I have not already recently reached out to you. I like helping people solve interesting problems, answer hard questions, and do fun things (whatever).
jordangonen1 at gmail dot com.